Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Dream

Painting by Raela Marie Villanueva
This poem, "The Dream" was inspired by a dream Raela had one week after her brother died.  In the dream, her brother came to Raela one last time to say goodbye.



The Dream

I had a dream of you the other night,
And in that dream everything was alright;
I dreamt that you were alive and well,
Was this dream real? I just can’t tell.

We hugged and laughed and talked for awhile,
I saw your face and your beautiful smile;
We were together just like before,
If it’s a dream and it’s real I want to dream more.

Please don’t go yet I have so much to say,
I want you to know before you go on your way;
Even though it’s a dream it’s so real to me,
Your beauty is all that I can see.

Your energy feels so pure and strong,
I feel as if I just don’t belong;
You radiate your light so true,
As the dream ends I grab onto you.

I don’t want to wake for the end is near,
Your voice is all that I can hear;
I wake from my slumber the dream is gone,
I rise to meet the early dawn.


Written by Raela Marie Villanueva

For Jr. 8/7/74 – 3/30/97

Follow the Dream Project on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment