Monday, June 17, 2013

Blunders of Bipolar/ Episode 2: The Arrest

By
Barry Allen




...4 hours passed before my father called me, “What the fuck did you do?”

I told him I knew nothing. Had no idea what he was talking about.

My father and his best friend drove over to my house to talk to me. They suggested I meet with the detectives who had notified them about me setting two cars on fire. I decided to drive myself down to the Tempe police station.

My plan was to deny everything. Blame it on people I had met in the mental hospital. Because we all know people in mental hospitals are capable of committing arson... My alibi consisted of claiming I met some dangerous people in the hospital and they would do things for me, take care of my business.

As I made a right hand turn to head north on Mill Ave, an SUV police car pulled out of a neighborhood street and behind me. She was a blonde woman and I watched her in my rearview mirror as she spoke into her radio.

200 ft before Mill and 13 St the lights went on.

I made a right hand turn and pulled over into a neighborhood cul de sac. When I looked up after putting the car in park, 9 other cars appeared in my rearview mirror. Marked and unmarked vehicles had me blockaded as my father and his best friend observed the procedure.

Officers positioned themselves against their driver doors with guns drawn. A man’s voice came from blockade, “Put your hands out the window, let me see your hands!”

As I turned around, I saw 13 guns pointed at my car and extreme panic on my father’s face.

I followed the officer’s directives and slowly opened my door while pleading for them not to shoot me. A male officer approached me with his weapon drawn on my chest and his 12 partners doing the same.

“Get on the ground, get the fuck on the ground!”

I did as told.

I felt hands patting my body in search of weapons and cold steel wrapped around my wrists. I was in custody and being hauled off to the police station for questioning.

It was only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment